What is volunteering for the Children's University all
The CU Trust is now developing its work with older participants
- anyone from 15 - 115 in fact - through the introduction of a
Passport to Volunteering. The Passport To
Volunteering works in much the same way as the Passport To
Learning, and is currently being trialled in 9 regions, with a
view to becoming more widely available in September 2012.
Volunteering is quite simply your gift of time to the national
or more often local Children's University to make a difference to
the learning experience of children - either directly with the
children or indirectly in a supporting role.
Volunteering for the Children's University is a win
winship - you decide what's in it for you:
- getting involved in your local community
- discovering your talents
- career development
- a better CV……
- but always making a difference!
What's in it for us?
- engaging more widely with the community
- improving the learning activities we offer
- providing more role models for children and more memorable
- making our local universities more sustainable
Who can get involved?
Want to know more?
Click here to
download an information leaflet "A Guide to
Click here to find out the
details of your nearest Children's University and contact your
local CU Manager.